"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pregnancy: Part 5 - End of 2nd Trimester

Hello all!

I left off my last post with the middle of the second trimester, so I'll pick up there.

Immediately after our gender reveal, we were so attached to our little man. It made it so much more real to envision our lives with him and picture what he might be like. It was so fun! I felt like we could buy clothes and pick out bedding and buy decorations for his room and choose a NAME! :) We were so excited to start making all of the decisions.

I continued to take weekly photos...or I tried, at least!






Aaaaaand...here's where we started to really see progress! :)


Uncle Price is determined to keep his little guy well-dressed. He can't wait for his little twin to arrive, and I can't wait to see them together. This was one of little man's first outfits!




At 24 weeks, I had to take my glucose test to test for gestational diabestes. Call me crazy, but I actually didn't mind the glucose drink. Is it bad to say that I kind of liked it?? #sugaraddict





For Easter, we headed to Port Aransas for a nice relaxing weekend at the beach with my mom and Stephen. The hotel where we stayed had a continental breakfast. Can you guess which plate is mine and which is Rob's?? :)  Nothing like pregnancy hunger!


My sweet sister-in-law got to travel to Houston for work, and it was so good to get to spend just a little bit of time together. She is two weeks ahead of me, and we talk often, but it was fun to have her in the flesh and spend time together. We had to laugh, though, because she came down on Cinco de Mayo, typically a day we have celebrated with margaritas :)  It was really tough to be out in Texas on Cinco de Mayo and not partake in that, but we were good little mamas. We were given some Cinco de Mayo glam to sport, so we had to!


During our second trimester, we also completed our birthing class. It was four Mondays in the evenings, and Rob was a champ throughout it all. He was quite the supportive partner. :)  He said he even deserves a "partner push present." Who ever heard of that?!? 


We also picked out little man's crib and Rob put it together. It was so fun to have the first piece up in the nursery! 


At 27 weeks, I finished school. It was a little bittersweet as my students knew I wasn't returning. They kept asking me, "Are you sure you want to RETIRE???" It was a little tough, but I was also very excited to enter into this next phase. So, I cleaned out my classroom (for the 6th time...no lie. I have changed classrooms or schools every single year that I have taught) and gave all but 3 small boxes of my teaching stuff away. I was also very excited to get to spend more time getting ready for our little guy. Nursery pics coming soon!


So that about wraps up the second trimester! I am now 37 weeks, so I better step up my game if I am going to get all of pregnancy documented before he gets here! We had an appointment yesterday, and I am not dilated at all, but am effaced about 50%. Obviously, this doesn't mean much, but it is so neat how God has orchestrated our bodies to start the process as the time approaches. We can't wait to meet him!

More soon,

3 comments:

  1. Love these updates!! I feel like I have been able to follow along with your pregnancy details now that you've had a timeline. I can't believe bebe TWP is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I was hoping you could answer a quick question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to stop by. But, I think it might have to wait until this summer. I did not know that Serlkay had ever expanded its size. I must say that a succesful family owned business in this day and age is a very refreshing sight! As well as this is a very refreshing site! Pregnancy Week 40

    ReplyDelete