"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Orleans, Round Two

In September, Rob and I got the opportunity to attend the wedding of a dear friend, Hattie Collins Moll. I was excited to see her and her sweet family. Hattie married a great guy, Corey, and we were happy to get to celebrate their day with them. Their fun wedding was in New Orleans, so it was a great excuse to experience more of that great city.

Rob and I headed out from Houston on Friday afternoon and arrived in NOLA pretty late. We had every intention of heading out to the French Quarter once we got there to try and enjoy our time there as much as we could, but we couldn't make it. We were pooped. I know, we're lame. We were actually super disappointed in ourselves the next morning, but oh well.

So Saturday we woke up nice and early and headed for an early brunch in the FQ. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was a great weekend for walking around and sight seeing. We had been there for Spring Break this year already, but we just love that area so it was so much fun to be back. Last time we had really wanted to eat at Brennan's on Royal Street but ran out of time. So we headed there to grab some brunch. Rob tried his first legit Bloody Mary. His face says it all. He...loved it.


The experience was fun at Brennan's, and to be honest, our food was just fine. I can't say that we will frequent Brennan's when we go back to NOLA, but we are glad we got to go.


After Brennan's we met up with Sarah and her sweet parents for just a little bit while they ate down at the market and agreed to meet up with them later. We window shopped, walked around taking in the sights and sounds of the FQ, and then headed to the seafood festival. They had all sorts of yummy treats (for Rob) and my mouth watered the whole time. Looking back, going to a seafood festival with a severe shellfish allergy was probably not the smartest idea, but hey, it was all about the experience. :)


My mouth literally waters when I look at this shrimp BLT. Rob was in heaven. :)



A view of the festival. It was packed. I loved walking around and looking at the art work there. 


After the festival, we headed back to the hotel to catch some Saturday football (of course) and then showered up for the wedding.

Their ceremony and reception were both stunning. We enjoyed being there, Hatt! Thanks for including us :)

Some Kerrville ladies. Glad we were all there together!


My handsome date. 


Sar and I with the beautiful bride. :)


Sar, Rob, and I went out after the wedding and had a bang up time. It's always fun with those two. :)


The next morning, Rob and I decided to try something new that we had signed up for the day before: Segways. And I cannot say enough about the fun we had on these things. I think that makes us nerdy, lame, and needing to find new lives, but we did. We were pretty "fearless" (as fearless as you can be on Segways) and it was fun. In fact, the drive by attempts to knock each other off were too many to count. And I'm pretty sure that even though neither one of us fell of, I won. At whatever I was trying to win at. We really weren't ready to get off of them.

About to ride! I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. #nerdalert


It's all fun and games until...


I think this is my favorite nerdy segway pic :)


Anyway, after our segway extravaganza, we headed back to the hotel and packed up. We shopped a little bit more on Magazine Street, grabbed lunch at Central Market, and grabbed some yogurt before we hit the road. 

It was a great trip and I'm so thankful for more fun experiences with each other. He makes everything just loads better. 

I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather and weekend!

More soon,



No comments:

Post a Comment