"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Labor Day...Not Too Laborious

Hello all!

Labor Day weekend came up so quickly this year.  Rob and I had been going 90 miles an hour the past few weekends, so we decided to rent a condo in Galveston and hang out for the weekend. We knew if we stayed in Houston, we would work on the house and not really enjoy the weekend and rest.  We invited my mom and took Jonah along. He loved being part of the action.


We got there on Saturday around 2:00 and waited for my mom to get there. Of course, Rob couldn’t resist catching a little football….no surprises there!  The condo also had a huge porch, so it was great to just sit out there and relax. 


My mom got there a little later and we caught up and then headed out to eat dinner. That night we just relaxed and headed to bed.

The next morning, we worked out and then hung out. I read, Rob watched more football, and my mom caught up on work emails. It was great to just relax and hang out. That night Mom made her famous ribs. My mouth waters just thinking about them. 


We enjoyed a great dinner together, and then turned on the A&M game. Unfortunately, my mom had brought the book, Heaven is for Real, by Todd Burpo and I had started it right before the game started. If you have read this, you know you can’t put this book down.  So, as much as like A&M football, I absolutely did not see the first game. This book was just too good. I highly recommend this book to anyone that has an afternoon to read. It is a really easy read and will encourage you in your faith tremendously.

That next morning, we hung out on the porch and then headed to the pool.








It was great to relax for a while. We headed back to Houston around 2:00. Mom came by and saw our house for the first time. I couldn’t help but think as she congratulated us on it, that my dad would have said the same thing. It was always so much fun to share good news with Dad. He made successes double the fun somehow. I know he is proud of us and all that we have accomplished since he has been gone. He also told me before he left, however, that even though he couldn’t be at our major life moments physically, that he would be there; it would just look and feel differently. I can honestly say that I know this is true. I have felt him on several occasions since his passing, and I know that he will continue to make life’s sweet moments even sweeter.

All in all, it was a great weekend. It was good to see Mom, good to get some good relaxing in, and good to see (or maybe just hear!) the Ags open their season with a win. You can’t beat that!

More to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment