"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I've Done it Again...

Now that it is officially summer, I will hopefully get to catch up on a few blogs I have been meaning to write. We had a pretty busy Spring that FLEW by, but we loved every minute of it. :) Here's another quick recap. (Someday I will get to where I don't have to include 3 months into one blog post.)

As tough as this past school year was, I was extremely blessed by the friendship and camaraderie that my teammates gave me this past year. I am very thankful for them and for their friendship. I truly could not have done this past year without them. Below is a picture with some of my favorites from this year. With that said, I think I have forgotten to mention some very important news! In February, I was contacted by the headmaster of the lower school at First Baptist Academy in Houston. After several interviews and an unofficial offer in March, they offered me a first grade position, and I am happy to say that in April, I accepted! I absolutely cannot wait to begin my journey with the faculty there (I have only moved my stuff in and already I feel so welcomed). I have heard wonderful things about the school and cannot wait to be a part of their family. 


In April, Rob and I hosted Easter at our house. My mom, Price, and Rob's parents all made the trek to Houston. We enjoyed dinner on Friday with Price and my mom, breakfast with Rob's family on Saturday, and then the guys went and played golf that afternoon. Mom and I went on a long walk and shopped a bit. That evening, we went out for sushi. Sunday morning, we went to church and then headed back to our place for lunch. It was great to have everyone there. 

My "little" helper :) (I'm so happy he'll be in Houston this fall!)



Dyeing eggs...they were waiting so patiently!


Uncle Rob and Annalise...love that cheese.


Claire loved hunting for Easter eggs. 


Annalise, well, she just loved to run. Not so much for the Easter eggs. :) 


Uncle Rob loves his nieces!


Also in April, we celebrated our sweet Jonah's 9th birthday. He loved his birthday bone (and I'm pretty sure if you zoom in, you can see some drool). We took him out to dinner that night at a pet friendly restaurant, and he loved being out and seeing all of his friends. We just love him so much! Happy birthday, buddy!


With one of his new presents...he can't go anywhere without that bone now!


In May, we headed to College Station and checked out A&M's new baseball stadium. It looks awesome. We also had the rare opportunity to see one of A&M's pitchers throw a no-hitter. Pretty cool experience. 


Cheering on the Ags. Love being in CS with this one.


That evening, we attended a baby shower of our dear friends Jordan and Danny Morchat. She looked lovely, as always, and we are so happy to help welcome little baby Maxwell into the world in just a few weeks. It was great to see old friends that night. 


More coming soon!


P.S. Pretty soon here, I will get to post about my favorite new addition to my life, my (almost) niece, Isla Prewett. She is precious, by the way. I am going to give her mom a chance to blog about her first and then you will get to hear all about her on here! Can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment