"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Monday, April 16, 2012

San Diego 2012

In February, Rob had a business trip planned to San Diego. Being the supportive (of course) wife that I am, I decided that I needed to go... :)

We left on February 14th and got in late that Tuesday night. Wednesday morning and all through the day, Rob had business meetings. I slept in, enjoyed breakfast on my balcony at our gorgeous hotel, explored the grounds, and then went shopping in La Jolla with the other (supportive) wives. :) That night we all headed to a sushi dinner and enjoyed catching up. It was a great first day.

I could wake up to this every day of my life...



A view from one of the pool areas.


The next day, the women headed to the San Diego Zoo. I had been to SD before, but had never gotten to go to the world famous zoo before, so I was excited to get to go. It was a great group that day (and I got to spend some good, quality time with Alison Rodriguez, one of my faves in the New Tech Wives Club...) :)


My favorite animal...look at that tongue :)


That night, we headed out to a great steak restaurant and then called it a night. We are so blessed by Rob's company and the opportunities that he has been given there. He truly does love his job, which is such an incredible gift. 

The next morning, Alison and I went for a run and accidentally got lost. :) Let's just say we ended up walking for a long time after we had to abandon the run, and I was sore for quite a few days from all of those hills. :) Good times. Thank goodness for construction workers and redirection... 

After that "vacation" really began. All of the other New Tech folks left, and Rob and I stayed behind to hit up downtown San Diego. We checked into our hotel in the Gaslamp District and then grabbed a late lunch. We found a great gem, Neighbors, which we will recommend to anyone who asks. It was eclectic and delicious. 

Rob enjoying our sidewalk seats.  


My favorite, their jalapeno macaroni and cheese....yummmmmmmm.


Us at Neighbors. (A little grainy.)



That night we decided to take a Segway tour to learn more about downtown San Diego. If you'll remember, our first Segway tour was in New Orleans. Once again, we had a blast. Don't hate.


We rode past the Padres' stadium. 


We also drove right on the coast by Seaport Village and I caught this shot of the water and the pier.


The next morning was a big morning for Rob Williams. Since we have started dating, he has always wanted me to go sailing with him. (He can't get enough of it.) I have always been a little leary of it because I can get seasick, but I decided to give it a try. It just happened to be the end of whale watching season (which we found out when we booked the tour), but we didn't get to see any whales. It was really chilly sailing on the Pacific, but we had a great time. 


My handsome sailor. 


We'd be in big trouble if the monohull wasn't on autopilot... 


It was a gorgeous day to sail.



The rest of the afternoon we headed to Coronado Island to visit the famous Coronado Hotel. I had been there about 10 years ago with my family, but it was fun to cruise around the island with Rob. We shopped and enjoyed all of the cute little shops and eateries on the main strip.

Us in front of the hotel. The weather couldn't have been better. Look at that blue sky!



We walked along the beach for a while and then we grabbed drinks and apps on the Coronado Hotel balcony.


That night, Rob and I went out on the town. :)  We hit a few rooftop bars and had a great time together. Us at the last bar that we hit.  


Our last morning, we decided to visit Balboa Park and see all that it had to offer. It really is an incredible place. One of our favorite places was the Botanical Garden building. 



The greenery was so incredible. 


This beautiful building is where an organist plays a public concert every Sunday. Neat building...


It was huge.


We hopped on a plane shortly after and headed home. It was a fabulous, much-needed trip for both of us. We can't wait to go back!

More soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment