"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Monday, June 27, 2011

The Stuff Summer is Made of...

Hello all!

Well it's week 4 of summer and I seriously do not know where the time has gone! Wow, it is really flying! However, I finally felt it last week...it's the feeling all teachers dream of when we think of summer...free time to complete DIY projects, get organized, try new recipes, experiment with new furniture arrangements, become an expert at "fill in the blank," etc. Well, I definitely am no expert at anything yet, but I did experiment with a new recipe that I wanted to share. And who doesn't enjoy a good glass of sangria??

Let me first start out by saying that my preference for wines is always white. But I do enjoy a glass of sangria, as long as it is fruity. I found this recipe and was instantly attracted to it because of the mass amount of fruit that you're supposed to put in it. I was even a little concerned that Rob wouldn't like it, but he did.

So here goes...

"Summer Sangria"

- 1 bottle of red wine (preferably a fruitier one)
- 1 lemon cut in wedges
- 1 orange cut in wedges
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- 1 peach sliced
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup of limeade
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of a sparkling white wine (I used a Prosecco)

Pour wine into a pitcher. Squeeze lemon, orange, and lime slices and then toss in the slices. Add in peaches, strawberries, limeade and sugar. Chill overnight or for several hours. Add white wine right before serving.

It's super simple and even more delicious. There is another version that I will try next time that uses white wine as the base wine. Looking forward to more experimenting. :)

Cheers!

More soon,


1 comment:

  1. Hey Mal! I made a white sangria this summer for the first time and loved it.

    1 bottle white wine (I used a chardonnay)
    2/3 cup white sugar
    2 oranges
    1 lime
    1 lemon
    1 litre club soda

    I chilled in the fridge overnight and it was very refreshing the next day.

    JOYfully, Jenna

    ReplyDelete