"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Monday, August 2, 2010

Wedding!

Hello!

I hope this finds each of you well and soaking up the last bit of summer!

To say that the last few weeks have been crazy is an understatement, and they might be that way for just a bit longer, but I think Rob and I are headed to a little slice of normalcy coming really soon! (All fingers crossed on that one!)

The last time I wrote to you was right before the wedding. It was "go time" and we were so ready! We have since then: 1) gotten married (whoop!) 2) gone on our honeymoon to St. Lucia 3) settled into our apartment in Houston 4) started back to work...yowza.

However, for the sake of time, I'll just cover one topic here :)

Our wedding weekend was simply... a blast. We often find ourselves just talking about all of the fun and memories that we will hold in our minds forever. To be surrounded by such a wonderful group of people that loved us both and supported us in our relationship with each other was a truly wonderful gift.

We had a full weekend, of course, but I will just hit on the high parts. On Friday night we had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal was a little chaotic (or felt like it) but it was the beginning of such a fun weekend. It was fun for everyone to slowly arrive, and it made us feel like our wedding weekend was actually here.

Our wedding was held at Vista West Ranch in Dripping Springs, TX and it was our dream venue for our ceremony and reception. We found it right at the beginning of our wedding planning. Our weekend was one of 2 weekends for the entire year that were open, so we snatched it up!!! The grounds were just gorgeous; very warm and very relaxed - exactly what we wanted.

If I'm really honest with myself, this is why I wanted VWR as our venue. I loved that this gorgeous spot is where I said my vows to Rob.


This is the front entrance of the main room. So hill country-esque. Love it!


And this is the inside. It is technically a "party barn." The two words they use to describe the venue are "rustic elegance." This is after everything was set up for our reception. It was the perfect venue for us!


And here are a few pics from Friday evening.

My posse :) I was SO blessed to have each of these girls there with me that weekend!




Practice makes perfect!


We had our rehearsal dinner at Jack Allen's kitchen in Austin, and we had a wonderful time. What a wonderful night with lots of laughter, good stories, and yummy food. I don't have a ton of pictures from the dinner, but here is one...about to be husband and wife!!!


And finally, the big day arrived! I cannot put into words just how perfect our day was. The entire day was covered in such a peace. Mine started out early with a morning jog with my bridesmaids. It was perfect and I wouldn't have started out such an important day any other way. After that, we got ready and headed to a bridesmaids' brunch. Teri Cober was in my mom's wedding and she was so sweet to throw it for us.

My wonderful mom :)


A few of my besties!


The whole crew. So glad everyone was there!


After the brunch we headed back to Vista West Ranch to have our hair and makeup done. I have very pics of our getting ready process, and I cannot wait to get our official pics back from our wonderful photographer, Nikki Peterson! We had a relaxed afternoon, which was a huge blessing. I really felt wonderful the entire time we were getting ready. I had some wonderful company with all of my closest girls with me, and it was such a blast. After finishing getting ready and taking pictures, we were all ready! The only time I cried all day was when my little (heh) brother came and knocked on the door to the bridal suite to kiss my forehead...and I lost it...
Here are a few before the wedding. So ready!




Here are a few of my favorite pics from the wedding so far. More to come!














What a fun night! Just looking back at them makes me want to do that night all over again! So thankful for all of the friends and family that were there to support us on our big day. I'll post official ones when they come in!

Honeymoon pics soon!

Much love,





2 comments:

  1. I feel so blessed to have been a part of this special day Mallory! It was such a beautiful ceremony and wedding - one that I think will stay with me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling so happy to see these wedding pictures. It was a nice idea. I also would be starting the wedding preparations and would like to get some help from the planer too because I don’t know how to get started in such a less time period. I also would start creating the list of budget friendly wedding venues in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete