"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Catching Up

Who told me it was a good idea to update while doing all of this wedding business?!?! Whew! It's been a crazy few weeks! I have been SO bad about updating lately; I'm actually embarrased. I'll try to fill you in on our last few events.

Here goes:
Shortly after our last blog (which was literally a month ago) I headed to Austin and Rob to Houston to pack up our things. Who doesn't LOVE cardboard boxes??? All in all, I can say it was the easiest packing experience I have had to date. I had several days to do it, and my wonderful roommates were there to keep me company. Rob had a pretty busy week, so his packing was a little more rushed, but he got it done!

Friday, we headed back to Kerrville (we can do these drives in our sleep now!) for a couples shower at Courtney and Amos Barton's house. We had such a nice time! Lots of my childhood "parents" were there and I was so glad that Rob got another chance to see everyone before the big day. We had several friends there, and again, it was so wonderful to be surrounded with people who love and support Rob and I in this stage in our lives. Our wonderful families were there as well and have been such troopers traveling all over for us. Here are a few pics from that evening.

Two of our lovely hostesses.


So glad they came!


Two of my favorite boys :)


Love these! Such a great idea!


Can't wait to marry this guy!


Family. Thanks for being troopers and coming to all of these!



The next day, Rob and I left my mom's house around 9:30 in the morning and headed to Austin. We packed up ALL of my things (including all of my classroom boxes...thanks babe!!) in a U-haul and headed to Houston. After much reorganizing on Rob's part, we packed all of HIS stuff in the U-haul and called it a night. Our rock-star family members and family members-to-be helped us unload and started setting up our things in the apartment the next morning. A huge thanks to Holly, Russ, and Memommie...you guys are wonderful! Although I do have a few pics of our place, I will wait to post any because the ones I have are pretty "cluttery." I will post some when we get back from the honeymoon...it's looking like a home!

The next day I headed back to Kerrville to spend some time with my family. Austin and Laura were in for just a little bit, so we got to spend some good time together before they left for Florida.

Friday, Rob and I both headed to Austin from our separate cities for a wedding. Rob arrived just in time and we had a great time that evening. Congrats Kathleen and Ryan! It was beautiful!

Saturday, we hopped in the car again and headed to our last shower in Boerne. Some of the most precious women from Rob's childhood threw a shower for me (us). We had a sweet time together. Almost all of Rob's female family members were there as well, and that was a big treat. I am very blessed to inherit such wonderful women into my life! Here are a few pics from that shower.




That next day was a little tough, as it was my first Father's Day without Dad. I was pretty emotional that morning, but I think I realized that day what a gift it was to have such an incredible dad in my life for the 25 years that I did. Many, many people don't have a father figure in their lives at all, and I am so blessed to have walked through my childhood with a dad that loved me the way he did. He also set such wonderful examples for all of us in how to walk in this world as someone who loves the Lord and puts family first. I am also so happy to be gaining such a wonderful father-in-law. Rob's dad, Ted, is such a Godly man and one who values family the way Dad did. What a blessing he is.

The next week, my mom and I went to Austin to have meetings galore with the florist, the wedding planner, etc. We got SO many of the little details all hammered out! I felt so much better after that week.

That next weekend I headed to Galveston for my bachelorette weekend with some of my favorite girls. What a fun weekend! Johnna, Lauren, Sarah, and I got there Friday afternoon and hung out at the beach for the afternoon. Davis came shortly after and we just enjoyed being by the water. We ordered pizza in that night and had a great time staying in, listening to music, and enjoying fun company. Cindy and Holly came right before we went to bed. The next morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast and then hit the beach pretty early. After a nice long walk, we enjoyed the water and laid out. We grabbed some lunch and then went down to the water again. We stayed down there pretty much for the entire day playing volleyball and paddleball, reading, chatting, and thumbing through magazines. It was so nice to just do mindless things with the girls all day...so relaxing! Around 5:30 or so, we went into the condo to shower and get ready for the evening. After a few activities, we headed out for dinner. After dinner we headed to a fun bar and danced the night away. We slept in the next morning, enjoyed one more run at the beach and then all headed home. Thanks so much to my lovely ladies for planning and carrying it out. I am so blessed to have you all in my life! (I will post more pics from that weekend after I get back from the wedding...my computer cord to download pics from my camera is in Houston :( I stole these 2 pics from Lauren's blog...thanks Lo!

The girls minus Lo before we went out for dinner.

2 of my faves! Love you girls!


After that weekend, I stayed in Houston for a few days to get some last minute things done in the apartment and pack up my life for then next 3 weeks...yuck! If the packing was for something other than a few of the most important events of my life to date, I might not have gotten through it. After hair appointments, hair and makeup trials, etc. in Austin on Wednesday, I headed to Kerrville. My mom and I headed to San Antonio the next day to purchase some last minute wedding items and shop for some fun honeymoon outfits. Shopping is something my mom and I really enjoy doing together, so we had a wonderful time. Thanks for coming Mom!

That FINALLY brings us to this past weekend. Rob and I met each other in San Antonio on Friday and had a fun dinner with our friends Sarah and Bill Woolsey. We love getting to spend time with them and will miss not being able to see them as much when we are in Houston permanently. Saturday Rob and I grabbed some brunch with his parents and then spent the day doing wedding errands and such. We met up with Sarah and Bill (and Johnna for a while) again and headed to the Riverwalk that night. Fun, fun :)

On the 4th, we headed to Kerrville for the afternoon. Mama Max fixed a killer ribs dinner and then we headed downtown to enjoy the fireworks show. July 4th was always one of my fondest holidays when I was younger and tonight was no different. Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!!!

It's hard to believe that one week from today everything will be finished and Rob and I will be in St. Lucia. Wow. This time has absolutely flown by. Although this has been one of the busiest and craziest times of my life, I have had an absolute blast. I think I will miss it, believe it or not!

Not sure if I will be able to post again before the wedding. If not, see you on the flip side!

4 days!!! Woohoo!!

More soon!

1 comment:

  1. We're looking fwd to witnessing you commit your lives to each other and your life together to the Lord and we are praying for y'all! See you in two days!
    -Dustin & Jenna

    ReplyDelete