"...and the greatest of these is love."   1 Corinthians 13:13

Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Favorite

In case you haven't heard... there's this guy that I am crazy about.  :) 

His name is Rob.  He is...my favorite.  :)

This past week, my favorite turned 27.  His birthday, May 20th, fell on a Thursday, and since he is in Houston and I'm in Austin, it was going to be difficult to work in a celebration on a weekday.  This weekend he is with some of his best guys out at his ranch, so a celebration this weekend wouldn't have worked out.  Soooo, with high hopes that 290 had gotten shorter since the last time I had driven it, I hopped in the car right after school on Thursday to go have a short birthday shindig, just he and I.  I got into town right as he was getting off of work, and we got to meet up.  We didn't have a ton of time, but we did get to open a few presents and get a birthday dinner in at Fogo de Chao...yum.   It was so nice to be together...and on a Thursday!  I felt like we were cheating the long-distance relationship rule book or something.  I loved every minute of it.  :)  The one thing that I was sorry about was that we didn't get to celebrate with more family and friends.  There are so many people that love Rob, and I have no doubt we would have had a great time all celebrating his day.  Next year...it's happening! :)

At dinner.  Isn't he handsome??



Anyway, just a short blog to say that I am so happy this man is alive and in my life.  In 49 days, I get to be his Mrs. and I could not be more excited.  I cannot wait to be his roommate, his workout partner, and his dinner date on a Tuesday evening.  Can't wait.  He is perfect for me in every single way.  I am truly, truly blessed.  

Ok, enough sappy rambling...  Happy birthday babe!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment